Monday, 17 January 2011

Shiny new studio!

This week I decided to blitz the studio and give it a re-vamp. Given how murky the weather is at the moment it seemed like a good use of time. I painted the walls in a paint that is designed to maximise the light (it has reflective particles!) and it's made a huge difference. The new shelving and picture rails are a real bonus too. I'm now looking forward to getting back to some proper painting (i.e. canvas instead of walls). Check out the video....my first posting of this type. It's quite overcast and daylight was fading fast so the studio doesn't look at it's brightest but it gives you an idea. I clearly need to work on my production/narration skills though!

9 comments:

  1. Very cool set up David! And so tidy and organised! I feel a bit like a hippie now with my cluttered studio! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valerie. The tidiness won't last...I can assure you of that! Hope the new job's off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. The bad light really depresses one. Lightreflecting particles in paint sounds very good. Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Olha. Yes indeed, can't wait for the ligther/brighter days of spring and summer! It's funny, a bit of a cliche perhaps, but it's amazing what a lick of paint can do. The light is somehow find it's way onto the canvas!

    Really like your interiors....I wish I could find places to paint like that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your voice sounds really different-real good, great tour round your studio! wish I could do something similar but I've too much clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Banji! It's weird hearing your own voice, that's for sure. Did you get the same sort of feeling when you watched your DVD? Believe me, it won't be long before the clutter fairies start their work on the shiny new studio :o) I'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, brilliant setup. Your have to explain further the colour charts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you via Making a Mark, like the studio set up, like your work more! will link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sarah. I really enjoyed looking at your work. Superb stuff! Vibrant and fresh. I'm jealous of your Cornish location :o)

    ReplyDelete